Waiting times for visa decisions: When applying from outside the UK
UK Visas and Immigration (UKVI) has updated their service standards for waiting times for decisions on visa and immigration applications. The waiting period for work and investment visas has been reduced from 5 weeks to 4 weeks. In this blog let’s discuss about the processing time on various types of UK visa and immigration applications.
The Non-settlement visa applications which are submitted from outside the UK will have 90% of them decided within three weeks, 98% within six weeks, and 100% within twelve weeks of the application date.
Whereas the Settlement visa applications that are submitted from outside the UK are resolved on in 98.5 percent of cases within 12 weeks and in all cases within 24 weeks (where one week is equal to five working days).
Standard Processing Times for UKVI Visas
- Visit Visa – Visit visas, including standard visitor visa applications, are currently processing in 7 weeks on average, though some applications may take longer. But in the below cases you shall receive a decision within three weeks of attending your appointment at the visa application centre, if you have applied:
1. for a holiday or to see family or friends
2. for a business trip or meeting
3. to get married
- Transit visa-Travelling through the UK? Transit applications are currently taking 6 weeks on average to process. Usually, you should receive a decision within three weeks of attending your appointment at the visa application centre. Check with us here at Global Law to see if you can get your visa or other services faster.
- UK Study Visa – Study visas, including Short-Term Study Visa, Student Visa and Child Student Visa, are currently processing within three weeks of attending your appointment at the visa application centre.
- Invest or work in the UK – The waiting period for work and investment visas has been reduced from 5 weeks to 4 weeks recently by UKVI. In case you are applying for Turkish Business Person Visa, you shall get the decision within 12 weeks of attending your appointment at the visa application centre. Depending on cases, you may be able to get your visa faster, Global Law helps you to check if you are eligible for the same or not.
Call us at +971-43543854 or simply fill in our Free Enquiry No Obligation Form and one of our professional UK Immigration Consultants in Dubai will contact you as soon as possible about your UK Visa, UK immigration application or any other services we offer.
What are the factors that affect your UK Visa Processing Time?
Different factors such as the time of the year you are applying in, suitability requirement, any adverse immigration history can cause delays in the processing of your UK visas. It differs from case to case a complex case may take time.
Any rising concern in regards to the authenticity of documents submitted, the volume of the documents provided, whether further investigations are required on the case submitted etc can also affect your UK Visa Processing Time.
Do you know? The capacity of your case worker is also an important factor when it comes to your processing time for the Visa. Find the most reliable one for your application. Global Law has 17 years of expertise in the UK immigration services. We promise easy and reliable UK visas and Immigration Services.
Is priority service available for UK Visa Application in UAE?
The UK Visas and Immigration has reintroduced the limited priority and super priority services, which offer faster processing of visitor visas from the UAE, providing much-needed relief to travellers. For applicants who, wants a quicker response to their UK visa application, UK Visas Immigration now offers “priority service” and “super priority service.” An application will be prioritized at the front of the line at each stage of the decision-making process if one of these premium services is chosen. This service will be charged separately.
Priority service – (Collection within 5 working day) Within five working days after your appointment at the visa application centre, a decision will be made.
Super Priority service – (Next Day Collection)
Super-priority and priority services might not be suitable for complicated applications that can’t be handled quickly. In these situations, your application will be prioritized at every stage of the decision-making process. nonetheless, a decision may take longer than the priority and super-priority timeframes.
Global Law is here to advice you about your UK Visa, UK immigration application or any other services we offer. Call us at +971-43543854 or simply fill in our Free Enquiry No Obligation Form and one of our professional UK Immigration Consultants in Dubai will contact you as soon as possible.
We shares current updates and success stories at our LinkedIn page. For updates follow us on LinkedIn